[GRASS-dev] Problem deleting raster created from point file using v.to.rast

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 23:45:58 PDT 2013

I understand that from the command v.to.rast. what I asked is do you have
problem deleting raster map "created" from v.to.rast or other raster maps.
If you have problem deleting any raster map(create a duplicate and dont try
with your actual data) then it this is an issue with g.remove.

I want to make sure that first

Also you didnt said about your grass version and platform yet.

I tried v.to.rast on spearfish dataset and here is the output

I copied archsites vector data as a backup.

g.copy vect=archsites,arch2

v.to.rast input=arch2 at PERMANENT output=temp use=cat

Reading features...
 100%
Writing raster map...
 100%
Converted points/lines: 25 of 25
v.to.rast complete.
GRASS 7.0.svn (spearfish60):~ >

 g.remove temp at PERMANENT
Removing raster <temp at PERMANENT>

Btw, I am using GRASS7.0 (SVN 55285) on Ubuntu 12.04

--
Regards,
   Rashad