[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.3 release planning

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat May 25 21:02:36 PDT 2013

On May 25, 2013, at 2:52 PM, Anna Petrášová wrote:

>> i was wondering if the WXgui changes in grass7,  to have it running with wx2.9-cocoa
>> can be back ported to grass6.x .. is this possible ?
>>
> I haven't really thought about backporting it but yes, it's possible because the changes consist mainly of renaming (wx.Color -> wx.Colour) and shifting lines (related to sizers). I would have to find relevant changesets. I would leave 6.4.3 as it is and do it after release not to break anything.

Oh, I thought 6.4.3 was already fixed for wxpython 2.9 (as I try and see it fail).  This is really needed to run the GRASS GUI on OS X 10.7+, especially 10.8.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy