[GRASS-dev] g.extension still broken in GRASS 7 on Mac

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Oct 24 09:19:55 PDT 2013

This makes sense given the error messages. If so, this has been a problem for awhile--although I hoped/thought it was solved a month back or so.

$GISBASE for the Mac is inside the GRASS-7.0.app. This is owned by the system, though I (as an admin) have read/write privileges. Normally this would be sufficient, but GRASS won't let anyone but the owner write to PERMANENT. This affects everyone using GRASS for Mac, making g.extension unusable. The most direct solution would be for this requirement to be relaxed for demolocation but I don't know how difficult this will be to implement.

Oddly, this is not a problem for GRASS 6.4. So I assume that it uses a different method to compile and install extensions.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)