[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] G7-gui and G64 add-on problems on Xubuntu (installation from grass/ubuntugis ppa)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 04:38:14 PDT 2013

Tim wrote:
> Yes, latest QGIS (daily) packaged based on nightly GRASS builds.
> Th problem was that upstream was shipping the /debian files as
> templates. These would need to be replaced by the build script.

apparently the trick is to to edit the debian/changelog file,
and on the first line replace UNRELEASED with the name of the
distro version (template extension) you wish to use.

for anything resembling official/stable QGIS packages I'd
strongly recommend to stay with an already released
stable version of GRASS (i.e. 6.4.3, or for qgis development
nightly builds the 6.4 release branch). for experimental/
development packages, do as you like as long as they are
clearly labeled as such.

thanks,
Hamish