[GRASS-dev] Grass to postgis topology export performance

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 00:41:39 PDT 2014

Hey,
thanks for your answer.

I uploaded a new test file of about the same number of line (32k),
also already topological (meaning in theory there is no need to split line,
just compute node, neighbourhood, and faces).

It is here : http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2695

About the command I used, I followed the wiki page on grass, I tried both
suggested methods:
I issued those with grass 7 svn, on windows, using the GUI to have a
terminal.

As I stated grass is extremely fast to build topology, and then the export
to postgis topology is already faster than using pure postgis topology, but
yet surprisingly slow compared to the grass internal.

v.in.ogr dsn="PG:host=localhost port=5433 dbname=street_gen user=postgres
password=??" layer=bdtopo.route out=test_postgis_import
v.out.postgis -l -2 input=route at T0111151 dsn="PG:host=localhost
dbname=street_gen port=5433 user=postgres password=??" olayer=test_layer -t

v.external.out dsn="PG:host=localhost dbname=street_gen port=5433
user=postgres password=??" options=topology=yes format=PostgreSQL
v.in.ogr dsn="....\route_utf8.shp" -t

Cheers,
Rémi-C