[GRASS-dev] [Qgis-developer] GRASS & QGIS: the future

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Tue Apr 8 06:54:46 PDT 2014

Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

>>> That's great news, never tried. Works beautifully, thanks.
>>

>> I cannot reproduce this. How does it work exactly ? When I browse into a
>> GRASS database directory, it just shows up like any other directory.
>
> The GRASS location is added as another item with GRASS icon in the
> tree on the same level where is the location dir. It means that the
> location will appear twice, first as regular dir and then as a GRASS
> location. The items do not seem to be sorted by name, so maybe you
> have to scroll down.

Hm - I think I also need a step-by-step guide. I am using QGIS 2.2.0 on
OSX Maverick and I don't get it to work.

0) Open QGIS
1) I open the browser (View - Panels - Browser)
2) Then I go via the Home folder (top entry) to a GRASS database
3) and now, where should I see what? What is the root in the tree
structure? I can only see the folder structure.

Rainer

> Radim
>

>> Moritz

Stellenbosch University