[GRASS-dev] Week 11: GRASS GIS 3D flowlines

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Aug 5 08:04:19 PDT 2014

Anna,
Will you post the  benchmarking results  for the OpenMP computation vs the
non-OpenMP?

Doug

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. What did you get done this week:
> I implemented adding attributes to each segment of a flowline. I added
> column with velocities and values of input 3D raster along the flowline.
> The result can be visualized by using vector color tables (v.colors) in 2D
> and 3D.
> I started writing r3.gradient module based on the gradient function in
> r3.flow. The module is already running and giving correct results, I will
> add it to addons once the gradient function is moved to library.
>
> 2. What do you plan on doing next week?
> I will try to parallelize the gradient computation with openMP, the
> structure of the code is already prepared for that. Then, I plan to add
> more tests.
>
> 3. Are you blocked on anything?
> No.
>
> Anna
>
> [1]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014/ImplementationOf3DRasterFlowLine
> [2]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster3d/r3.flow

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.