[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2395: Startup runs as in Cygwin when CYGWIN is set although running as native application

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 20 08:14:19 PDT 2014

#2395: Startup runs as in Cygwin when CYGWIN is set although running as native
application
------------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  wenzeslaus                                |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                    |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                               |
------------------------------------------------------+---------------------

Comment(by hellik):

 Replying to [comment:8 sindile]:
 > instead of the CYGWIN issue, could it be some kind of an incomplete
 installation caused by missing admin rights (right click and install as
 admin - standalone as well osgeo4w) or by some blocking antivirus
 software?

 > I have installed by right click and install as admin on osgeo4w as well
 as the standalone and Grass 7.0.0 beta3 works. I also did not have to
 replace /etc/grass70.py

 > This is strange because with previous version I never needed to right
 click and install as admin.

 installing as admin is default since a few years now (standalone ~3 years,
 osgeo4w ~1 year).

 any change on your system?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2395#comment:10>