[GRASS-dev] G70 Ubuntu: GUI menu access for i.eb.hsebal01 looks for i.eb.h_sebal01

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 31 08:06:59 PST 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Yann Chemin <ychemin at gmail.com> wrote:
> indeed Markus,
>
> it is using an old file from:
> /home/yann/.grass7/toolboxes/menudata.xml
>
> Correcting that file makes it OK.

Good. But do you need that file at all?

> Deleting it makes it follow the PPA version.

Perfect. Not sure if we could auto-detect an outdated toolbox file....

> Welcome page does show GRASS  version 7.
>
> Additional things:
> the rev number in the welcome page indicates (r00000)
> The WxGUI window header say:
> GRASS GIS ? Layer Manager
> GRASS GIS ? Map Display: 1 - Location: GRASSDB at PERMANENT

This new "r00000" I introduced yesterday as workaround for Ubuntu's
"Unable to get GRASS version" error.
This originates from the fact that the PPA does not have "svnversion"
installed when compiling GRASS which is currently needed to determined
the revision number (done by "configure", saved in
include/Make/Platform.make).
A better solution is needed for such cases by I have no idea how.

Markus