[GRASS-dev] GSoC ideas - vector legend, medial axis

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Feb 25 04:45:56 PST 2014

>From what I understand, the ISO 19115-1 metadata standard should be
finalized shortly.  Getting an official copy of the standard for this work
( if they finalize in time) would be useful.

Doug

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Margherita Di Leo <
dileomargherita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>> > finally I considered the metadata topic is probably the most
>> appropriate for
>> > me. My aim now is to find out as much as I can about it to have better
>> idea
>> > what is going on. If you have any additional information or resources I
>> > could study, please let me know. Thanks
>>

> Tereza, I'm glad to hear that. As several hints have already come, I'd
> suggest to set a page in the trac where we can store all these inputs that
> otherwise would be difficult to find again.
>

>> perfect, in this regard I would like to open discussion whether to
>> speak just about metadata (ISO, Inspire) or also about  supporting
>> Inspire services (view and download)...
>>

> Martin, this makes sense, but I'd stick with a target that is reachable
> within the GSoC. Of course the occasion is suitable to gather all the ideas
> which can be developed in the future.
>
> Thanks,
> MaDi
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Dr. Margherita DI LEO
> Scientific / technical project officer
>
> European Commission - DG JRC
> Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES)
> Via Fermi, 2749
> I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261
>
> Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
> margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu
>
> Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
> in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
> European Commission.

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.