[GRASS-dev] r.hazard.flood is not running in windows7( Grass 6.5)

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jul 21 03:59:14 PDT 2014

>Actually, it needs external python installation.
>I solve it...........
>but my question is that.........why we need external py install.....other
wise get the following message

first, please don't use winGRASS 6.5, it's some kind of abandoned and not
meant for productive use.

so try winGRASS 6.4.5svn (latest stable in the 6.4-series) or winGRASS
7.0.0svn (first stable in the 7.0-series) first before installing an
external python.

an external python isn't normally necessary, but sometimes there are some
glitches with windows and python.

AFAICT the best thing is to use winGRASS within the OSGe4W-framework
(http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/).

for example the tests mentioned before by me are done in the
OSGe4W-framework without any external python installation.

in summary this isn't a r.hazard.flood issue, but a windows-python quirk ...

-----
best regards
Helmut