[GRASS-dev] new wxgui tool: Temporal plot

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 07:35:14 PDT 2014

On 27 June 2014 15:46, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 26 June 2014 19:59, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>

>> > nice work, Luca (and thanks to Anna for code cleanup).
>> >

>> Sorry Anna, but I don't understand because you remove all the 3D code,
>> I would like to implement it later (sometime I'm careless but not this
>> time :-P )
>> Thanks for the improvement of coordinates field.
>

> Sorry for that. I also fixed some other minor things in that commit. Do you
> plan to support vector data as well?

I would like, first I need a vector temporal dataset to test :-)

> What I am not sure about is the usage of pygrass here. The problem is if we
> would like to integrate it more in GUI. Currently when you click on the
> g.gui.tplot in menu, a standard generated dialog opens and when you fill the
> params and press ok, the actual plotting gui shows up, which is cumbersome.

yes I have your same feeling, I should create a function like for
animation tool?
(other tools have the same behavior of g.gui.tplot for example g.gui.timeline)

> The menu entry could bring directly the tplot, however then there is a
> possibility of crashing entire GUI when something goes wrong (because of
> using ctypes in pygrass). So one option is to call some t.* module but there
> is no t.rast.what only t.vect.strds.observe which requires vector map.

I could use r.what instead pygrass but I would like to escape to call
external modules

> Another option is to wrap the pygrass code and call it as a subprocess. I
> don't have time to look at it more now, but we should be aware of this.

Just to know, we don't have the same problem using ctypes in the gui?
In several modules we are using it....

--
ciao
Luca