[GRASS-dev] Backport gunittest and tests to 7.0?

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 01:37:48 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe it can go to GRASS GIS 7.0.1 but not to 7.0.0.

Personally I think we should include the gunittest to grass 7.0.0.
It is just an extra functionality that does not affect GRASS
modules/GUI/libraries in any way.
So could be that the gunittest is not working... but most (nearly) all
the users won't notice.

Instead could be good to have the gunittest on grass70 to test in
other/more platforms (OS and distributions),
could be good to have a way from the GUI to launch the test and see the report.

Moreover we are a small team of developers, we can not do extensive
tests for nearly 3*10^6 lines of code [0], so I personally believe
that we should just stop to worry too much about stability and just
release every two/four months (using some dedicated branch with
limited scope, such as support for python3, review the raster API,
etc).
I'm using with my colleagues grass71 for the daily work and seems to
work without problems.

[0] https://www.openhub.net/p/grass_gis/analyses/latest/languages_summary