[GRASS-dev] G7: turning manual page examples into test cases

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 27 05:19:24 PST 2014

Hi,
thats a nice idea indeed.

However, such auto-generated tests can only verify if the called
modules can be executed and if they return 0.
They can not replace tests that verify the result of the processing or
correct error handling.

The next problem is how to distinguish between a module/shell-command
and the generated output in the manual page? I have plenty of examples
in the temporal module manual pages that provide the stdout/stderr
output of the called module in the code section.

Hence, it would be meaningful to mark code section in the manual page
that can be used for testing purposes.

Best regards
Soeren