[GRASS-dev] Making start of GRASS GIS easier for newcomers

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:51:29 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

>  I think that they are equally as informative and the one on the left
> takes up less space. Just my opinion.

Replacing "Warning: " by nothing in r64407. Other changes included as well,
most notably decreased vertical size at expense of Location and Mapset
lists which are now as big as in 64. The whole dialog is just little bit
bigger than in 64, so with smaller banner it will be hopefully smaller. I
would prefer if it would be possible to make it smaller by dragging but it
is not (I tried several times but I cannot get it work).

I also changed the user visible strings, see commit for details but most
importantly I add numbers to the boxes to make it clear in which order you
should fill them (and that there is an order).

Please, see screenshot (40%), commit message and diff for details.

Vaclav

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/64407