[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] generalize polygons including holes

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Feb 6 01:23:07 PST 2015

[taking this over to grass-dev]

On 05/02/15 18:23, Markus Metz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>> On 05/02/15 14:49, Markus Metz wrote:

>>> This has always been the case.
>>

>> Then why doesn't there seem to be any generalization happening for the hole
>> boundaries of the test dataset with grass64release ?
>
> With the test dataset you provided, GRASS 6.4 does generalize the hole
> boundaries. I do not have the problem vector of Robert, so I can not
> say if the hole boundaries in that vector are generalized or not.

With a make distleaned, svn updated and recompiled grass64relase, using
the test data and the commands

v.generalize test method=douglas thresh=100 out=test_gen_100 --o
v.generalize test method=douglas thresh=500 out=test_gen_500 --o

I get the attached result (red = 100, orange=500). I don't see any
generalization in the holes as I do with the same commands in GRASS 7.

Moritz