[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 addons

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:45:52 PST 2015

Hi,

> I have some software tools that rely on GRASS addons.  I'm starting to test my tools with GRASS 7, and I've found that one of the add-ons, r.findtheriver, which I wrote, installs fine under GRASS 7.  However another, r.soils.texture, is not in the GRASS 7 addon repo; perhaps this addon is not compatible?

right, first module is there [1], the second module I found only for
GRASS 6 [2], so it must be ported to GRASS 7.

> I may have missed a message about this, but what was the process by which GRASS 6 addons were migrated to GRASS 7?  Is there a list of addons that are incompatible with GRASS 7?

Migration is up to a maintainer or a user how need this module. The
list of modules for GRASS 6 [3], GRASS 7 [4].

Martin

[1] http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.findtheriver/
[2] http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.soils.texture/
[3] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/addons/