[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 addons

Brian Miles selimnairb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:07:55 PST 2015

cc’ing Gianluca Massei, the author of r.soils.texture …

See my comments inline.

Thanks,

Brian

> On Feb 25, 2015, at 2:45 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,

>> I have some software tools that rely on GRASS addons.  I'm starting to test my tools with GRASS 7, and I've found that one of the add-ons, r.findtheriver, which I wrote, installs fine under GRASS 7.  However another, r.soils.texture, is not in the GRASS 7 addon repo; perhaps this addon is not compatible?
>
> right, first module is there [1], the second module I found only for
> GRASS 6 [2], so it must be ported to GRASS 7.

Interesting.  I don’t recall putting r.findtheriver in the GRASS 7 addon’s repo when I contributed it to the GRASS 6 addons repo.  I’m not sure how it made its way into the GRASS 7 repo.

>> I may have missed a message about this, but what was the process by which GRASS 6 addons were migrated to GRASS 7?  Is there a list of addons that are incompatible with GRASS 7?
>
> Migration is up to a maintainer or a user how need this module. The
> list of modules for GRASS 6 [3], GRASS 7 [4].

Gianluca, are you planning/able to port r.soils.texture to GRASS 7?