[GRASS-dev] module header definitions add: text/multiline and latex support?

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:05:44 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> I personally am not in favour of such additional text in the module. I think
> it would clutter the interface. There is a reason there are man pages and we
> should not encourage users to skip them...

Why? I don't see the reason why we should educate the users...
I provide a tool to user that know what they are doing, I want only to
make the meaning of the options clearer and self explanatory.

> Also, how would you integrate that into the command line --help output ? It
> probably wouldn't be as readable and and I'm even more strongly opposed to
> introducing differences in information delivered between the command line
> and the GUI.

I would not integrate that information in the --help output, but only
on the manual page (to avoid repetitions).

Command line and GUI are different things with different scope I see
no point to have them as a clone.
They have different user audience and should be differentiate (imho).
For me the module GUI as it is is useless and this is why I just use
the command line I don't see any advantage on GUI as it is. I think
that make the GUI more clearer could add some value and user don't
have to rely on the manual for every single option. The basic info are
provided in the GUI and you can find these and further
details/material in the manual, e.g. examples, images, etc.

Best regards

Pietro