[GRASS-dev] Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC1

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 11:40:22 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:25 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Markus Metz
> <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The fixes are all thoroughly tested (I guess I have never
>> before tested vector topology so thoroughly...).
>

> Hi Markus,
>
> will you be able to turn your tests into testsuite scripts? It is additional
> work but it gives us possibility to ensure that nobody will break what you
> did and it should save it your time in the long run.

I modified v.generalize in my local copy to become a topology
debugging tool. The debugging tools could be activated with an
environment variable which would need to be set by the test suite.

If I turn the tests into a test suite script, I will use a vector from
the the full version of the North Carolina sample dataset. Is this ok?

> Let me know if you miss something in testing framework which would help you
> to write the tests.

I would like to provide a command and the test suite must check the
return status. If someone else could then turn this into a testsuite
script, that would be great!

Markus M