[GRASS-dev] pysal file I/O

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 02:26:50 PST 2016

On 23-12-16 23:49, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:
> Depends what you are planing to do in more detail. But maybe the pygrass Vector or VectorTopo module could be of help...
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/libpython/pygrass_vector.html

I am looking to use the Moran I  and related statistics available in
pysal in a grass script to look at point patterns, and possibly write a
small addon for it (there used to be an grass addon to compute moran I,
would be nice to have it again). Pysal expects as import a shapefile,
csv or a few other formats. So I can export a grass vector layer to
e.g., shapefile, and read that in Pysal and run my analysis. However, I
thought perhaps there is a more direct way to write a grass vector layer
to pysal format that people know of. If not, I'll use the
grass-shapefile-pysal route.