[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-PSC] PSC election 2016

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Jul 24 05:42:05 PDT 2016

Dear GRASS-GIS community,

herewith a "change" that concerns who will be invited to vote in the
2016 PSC election.  This has been an issue long discussed alread in the
"grass-psc" mailing list.  The decision was to invite community members
with SVN write access (as well as members of the translating community).

Thus, the list of voters will be as discussed already in the grass-psc
mailing list.  Please refer to relevant e-mails in the list's archive:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-psc/2016-May/001477.html (May)
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-psc/2016-June/001488.html (June)

Hence, this affects the paragraph (3.3) in my original
announcement (also copy-pasted in the end of this message).
I will update the relevant trac page
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2016).

As of today, the election process starts with the CRO's tasks being:

1. inform current PSC members about the start of the election process
and asking for whether they will stand by as a candidate.  **This task
is in-progress**.

2. expecting nomination proposals, ideally, from *any* community member

The voting system that will be used will be finally Helios which serves
pretty well the needs of GRASS-GIS' PSC election and, at the same time,
protects privacy and anonymity.

Thank you, Nikos Alexandris
GRASS-GIS' CRO

* Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net> [2016-07-21 14:16:44 +0200]: