[GRASS-dev] Interest in GSoC 2016

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:43:34 PDT 2016

Hi Ondrej,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 2:45 PM, <Ondra.Lobo at seznam.cz> wrote:

> My idea was to generalize GUI Code for Qt-based GUI. Nowadays, Qt (PyQt)
> is increasingly used (look at QGis, for example) and I think it would be
> better to have minimally the roots of GUI in Qt. It’s also much easier to
> maintain with new features. Work with design is also much more
> user-friendly. It seems that in the future, it can be nice shortcut to
> change something in the GUI.

this is a good idea. To make it really work, I think, it is necessary to
use the generic part code also for the current GUI besides using it for the
prototype of Qt-based GUI. This would ensure that the new code is actually
used right away. It would also ensure few more other important things
already described at the wiki.

Vaclav