[GRASS-dev] Interest in GSoC 2016

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:32:42 PDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:12 PM, massimo di stefano
<massimodisasha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ondřej,
>
> I also think that Qt is a mature, powerful and stable framework to develop
> GUI.
>
> I was wondering if you considered the adoption of modern OpenGL based
> rendering system.

Could you be more specific about the OpenGL, do you have some
solutions in mind? I thought this project would be about using the
current rendering system and focusing on rewriting to qt plus
refactoring of the current code because that alone is  a lot of work
if you are not familiar with the current codebase. Better rendering
could be added later on. But I think Ondrej is open to suggestions.

Anna