[GRASS-dev] .g.proj datum_trans (5514)

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 01:26:48 PDT 2016

Hi,

I tested recently committed changes regarding S-JTSK. I discovered
strange behaviour of g.proj:

1) list transformation parameters

g.proj epsg=5514 datum_trans=-1
ERROR: No output format specified, define one of flags -p, -g, -j, or -w

I needed to specify -t flag:

.proj epsg=5514 datum_trans=-1 -t
---
1
Used in whole S_JTSK region
towgs84=589.000,76.000,480.000
Default 3-Parameter Transformation (May not be optimum for older
datums; use this only if no more appropriate options are available.)
---

Moreover in GRASS 7.0 I DO NOT need to specify -t flag. Why this
change happen in trunk? At least it's not documented in the parameter
description.

2) specify transformation parameters

g.proj epsg=5514 datum_trans=2 -p
name       : S-JTSK / Krovak East North
towgs84    : 589,76,480,0,0,0,0

Still uses first transformation option even I asked for second.

Is there anything I am doing wrong or it's a bug? Thanks, Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa