[GRASS-dev] [SoC]Week-1 WebGrass

Rashad Kanavath mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon May 30 04:36:40 PDT 2016

Hello Luca,

Thanks for testing.

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 30 May 2016 at 11:09, Mayank Agrawal <mayankagrawal333 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Readme-
> >
> > in the webgrass folder https://github.com/rashadkm/webgrass
> >
> > mkdir build
> > cd build
> > cmake ..
> > make
> > sudo ./wgrass.wt --http-address=0.0.0.0 --http-port=8080 --docroot ../
> >

> I read it already, but it was not enough
>

> > These are the dependencies which will be required beforehand. Install
> them one by one.
> >
> > libwt-dev - C++ library and application server for web applications
> [development]
> > libwtdbo-dev - Wt::Dbo ORM library for Wt [development]
> > libwtdbofirebird-dev - Firebird backend for Wt::Dbo [development]
> > libwtdbomysql-dev - MySQL/MariaDB backend for Wt::Dbo [development]
> > libwtdbopostgres-dev - PostgreSQL backend for Wt::Dbo [development]
> > libwtdbosqlite-dev - sqlite3 backend for Wt::Dbo [development]
> > libwtext-dev - additional widgets for Wt, based on ExtJS 2.0.x
> [development]
> > libwtfcgi-dev - FastCGI connector library for Wt [development]
> > libwthttp-dev - HTTP(S) connector library for Wt [development]
> > libwttest-dev - test connector library for Wt [development]
> > libpugixml-dev
> >

> please add this in the readme file
>

> > After this, do let me know with the error.
> >

> no error, now I'm able to run it but I cannot modify the grassdata
> directory, is it normal?

Yes and No!

Yes it is expected that there is not user specific location-mapset upload
ready now.

But it is not normal that it will stay like that forever. I am the one who
asked mayank to fix it that way for now. Because unless we have the
authentication system ready where each user has access to some directory on
server that can have his/her own grass database. This stays normal.

Remember authentication is in the to be done part of proposal.

I will push a cmake configuration that downloads sample grass7 dataset. So
you can test it easily.

> --
> ciao
> Luca