[GRASS-dev] r.fill.gaps porting

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Apr 15 06:13:53 PDT 2017

On Apr 15, 2017 3:05 PM, "Benjamin Ducke" <benducke at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On 15/04/17 14:57, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Would it be possible to have larger pics here? I guess they come from
> > Benjamin?
>
> No, the ones I submitted are really tiny.

A pity...

> The new LiDAR images are much larger. They
> use the "width=" HMTL attribute, so they show
> up much smaller on screen than they actually
> are.

Yes, on purpose.

The idea is to have higher resolution images in the code while showing a
clickable standard 600px width in the HTML page.
With a click one sees the larger image which is then also usable for
presentations and such (not possible with 250px only).

> Supposedly, the wxPython HTML renderer
> does not apply "width=" correctly and does not
> resize the image on the fly.

Unfortunately... Maybe an extra trick is needed/possible for this limited
renderer.
I'd like to not give up on quality submissions.

> However,
> "Submitting/Docs" seems to assume that "width="
> _will_ be processed correctly. So maybe the
> best "fix" would be to add a statement to the
> Wiki that images should be resized with an
> external graphics editor (to 600 pixels width
> or less) before including them in HTML man pages.

Please don't... See above for the motivation. For a few years we follow the
new policy. Better fix/work around the bad wx HTML renderer than reverting
to low image quality.

Cheers,
Markus