[GRASS-dev] grass wiki: de-emphasize grass6

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 20:03:00 PDT 2017

Paulo,

thanks so much for a needed update.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Paulo van Breugel <p.vanbreugel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I kept the link to https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics/rgrass7
> but what about merging it with R_statistics? If we do, can keep
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics/spgrass6 as a page to go
> for grass6 users.

I'm not in favor of the subpage idea for user wiki (but I think others
are), so I'm for merging it or creating a special page if it is important
to highlight separately from the general idea. (Does R+GRASS == rgrass? Or
is also RQGIS?) In this case, it seems that overview page is needed and
then a specific page. rgrass7 is quite long already.

When you are at it, also note that the wiki page name is "R statistics"
which is not the name of the project, nor the way how the project refers to
itself [1]:

"""
What is R?
R is a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics.

The R environment
R is an integrated suite of software facilities for data manipulation,
calculation and graphical display.
"""

=> "R statistical environment" or Wikipedia's "R (programming language)" if
you want to avoid just "R".

Vaclav

[1] https://www.r-project.org/about.html