[GRASS-dev] Compilation options

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Oct 23 00:24:16 PDT 2017

Dear all,

Does someone of you know which modules benefit from --with-openmp and --with-opencl compilation options?

I found this explanation of compilation options: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/source/snapshot/REQUIREMENTS.html
But it does not cover OpenCL or OpenMP (as well as some few more other option).

If I wanted to find out myself, could I just search the code for modules that import the relevant headers of the respective libraries?
Or is that a bit more complex?

Another question is if it would be recommended to use the different options, as I understood e.g. using --with-pthread is not necessarily a good choice...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Stefan