[GRASS-dev] Fwd: [gdal-dev] git(hub) migration ?

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Sep 7 06:07:17 PDT 2017

Personally, I have no opinion about it as it does not matter for me (cause I am no real developer).

So only for the record, this has been discussed extensively (again) also among PostGIS devs:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2017-August/026268.html

Tendency there seems to be that there is a significant interest in moving to git / github, but that at the end the decision is not to take any action (now) because of lack of consensus and the amount of work involved.
Yet, maybe it`s just procrastination...?  Maybe also an argument that only moving to some git will stop the discussion from popping up again and again?

Cheers
Stefan