[GRASS-dev] Untangling geoPAT installation when updating GRASS version

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 21:41:38 PST 2018

Howdy Pierre!

In my experience, the GeoPat modules need to know where several things
are located, including (I think) parts of the GRASS source code. Have
a look through the install.sh code:

http://sil.uc.edu/gitlist/geoPAT/blob/stable/install.sh

I was able to get these modules up and running by invoking install.sh like this:

sh install.sh grass75

... where "grass75" is the binary compiled from grass_trunk. The
install.sh code seemed to find the source code it needed and worked
without issue.

How did you install / upgrade the Geopat modules? Could it be that
install.sh is "finding" the old source code / headers? Is there a
package for both GRASS binaries and development files?

Dylan