[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 2 13:33:35 PST 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 December 2017 at 10:24, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I understood correctly, the proposed workflow is to switch
>> Transifex to 7.4 branch and keep it there till 7.6 branch is created.
>> Sounds OK.
>>

> +1

At time there is G72 listed.
https://www.transifex.com/grass-gis/public/

How to change it to 7.4 branch there without making a mess?
Luca, do you know?

>> Here is a quick list of TODOs:
>> * provide a script to run before each stable release that pulls
>> translated messages from Transifex and replaces(!) PO files in SVN. It
>> is important to replace existing PO files with Tx version to prevent
>> generation of fuzzy entries in the final PO file;
>
> this could be done with un update to grass-addons/tools/transifex_merge.sh

... isn't that basically re rewrite of the script? At time is uses msgmerge.
Maris, why must .po files be replaced rather than using msgmerge?

>> * update documentation:
>> ** How to release;
>> ** locale/README;
>> ** Wiki & web page;
>> * document how switching between branches should be done.
>>
>> As for any team willing to translate only in SVN (that's me) – only
>> the pulling script will have to be modified to exclude language while
>> pulling translations from Transifex. That's really easy and I'll do
>> that as soon as the script is in place.
>
> ok, this should work, another way could be to use transifex client to
> push the new data in transifex, this is also required for changes like
> the one done by markus neteler [0]
>
> I tried with tx push [1], but this sucks, I asked to transifex support...

What is the state here?
We really need to get 7.4.0RC2 done.

thanks
Markus