[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 14:20:15 PST 2018

> Hi,
>
> ... isn't that basically re rewrite of the script? At time is uses msgmerge.
> Maris, why must .po files be replaced rather than using msgmerge?
Hello,
I might not see whole picture of workflow clearly. My points:
* if whole translation is performed in Transifex, then (after initial
import to Tx) SVN PO file has 0 value as all changes should be
performed in Transifex;
* if msgmerge is used (although as it can be seen from the previous
point, it's useless), -N (no fuzzy matching) should be used to not
generate fuzzy matches as translation flow will be from Tx to SVN and
not backwards thus fuzzy PO file can not be fixed (in a normal
workflow).

Māris.