[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3930: reprojection error in r.proj / GRASS 7.8.1 -- N-S-coordinates interchanged with W-E

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Nov 2 12:41:27 PDT 2019

#3930: reprojection error in r.proj / GRASS 7.8.1 -- N-S-coordinates interchanged
with W-E
---------------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  guilo               |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect              |     Status:  new
 Component:  Projections/Datums  |    Version:  git-releasebranch78
Resolution:                      |   Keywords:
       CPU:  x86-64              |   Platform:  Linux
---------------------------------+---------------------------------

Comment (by guilo):

 >> Description

 >>There is observed a serious error in map reprojection, using r.proj,
 resulting in an interchange of N-S-coordinates with those of East-West.

 >>The error occurs in GRASS version 7.8 (proj4 version 6.2, gdal version
 2.42), in the reprojection with r.proj, from a newly created source map
 projection, to an existent target map projection. Repeating the same
 procedure, but using a formerly created source map projection (same
 projection, but prior to GRASS 7.6), the maps are reprojected in a correct
 way.

 >>Under GRASS 7.6, the reprojection procedure is carried out correctly,
 for both source map projection versions.

 > You must have used GRASS 7.8.0, not GRASS 7.8.1

 > This can only happen in GRASS 7.8.0 and has already been fixed in GRASS
 7.8.1, soon to be released.

  The version used was GRASS 7.8.1.dev Startup. The error was also observed
 with GRASS 7.9.dev Startup.

  Considering your comment, I recompiled today, with updated code, and the
 error has gone, in both versions, GRASS 7.8.1.dev (54cf0c2af) and GRASS
 7.9.dev Startup (58c5ca582). These latest builds were compiled with proj4
 libs version 6.2.1.

  So, the issue is solved. Thank you for your comment.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3930#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>