[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] WinGRASS build up (WIP)

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Nov 16 12:23:09 PST 2019

>gdal-dev was because I was also installing QGIS 3.10.

checking here:

QGIS version 3.10.0-A Coruña
Compiled against Qt 5.11.2
Compiled against GDAL/OGR 3.0.2 <=
Compiled against GEOS 3.8.0-CAPI-1.13.1
Compiled against SQLite 3.29.0
PostgreSQL Client Version 11.5

3.10.0 is now available in OSGeo4W without the need to install gdal-dev

>The search for curl in c:\windows shows many results (please see images
attached). I start to believe >that
>this can be some local mismatch or conflict with a past installation of
some other software that used curl >and gdal

yes it looks like that.

are you using windows 10, right? windows 10 ships curl since about 1 year or
so [1].

I compared your explorer search results here with mine on a windows 10 box.

in
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/attachments/20191116/8570c76d/attachment-0005.jpg

there are 2 libcurl.dlls from 2016.

I don't have them in my win 10 box. not sure if you have admin rights on
your box, but you can rename them and then try to start winGRASS again.

[1] https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2018/01/13/microsoft-curls-too/

-----
best regards
Helmut