[GRASS-dev] Automatic/CI compilation on macOS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 05:52:04 PST 2020

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 4:27 AM Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de> wrote:

> OK - found the ci.
>
> The formula installs, but I get a warning at the end, which results in a
> warning, which is than interpreted as an error. The warning (which I also
> get locally) is the following:
>
> If it is the case that you can change the shebang at the beginning of
>
> he script to enforce Python 3 usage.
>
>   #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> Should be changed into
>
>   #!/usr/bin/env python3
>

> I suspect that this needs to be done in GRASS itself?

Hi, thanks for looking into this. 7.8.2 (and also above) has python3
everywhere in shebang. See e.g.:

$ grep -Irn "/usr/bin/env python[^3]"
scripts/g.extension/g.extension.py:1059:                    "#!/usr/bin/env
python\n",
scripts/g.extension/g.extension.py:1308:                    "#!/usr/bin/env
python\n",
# (these two are in fact code which is doing the replacement to python3)

Can you please investigate locally where the message coming from?

Vaclav