[GRASS-dev] Automatic/CI compilation on macOS

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Thu Mar 5 07:22:47 PST 2020

> On 5 Mar 2020, at 14:52, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 4:27 AM Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de <mailto:Rainer at krugs.de>> wrote:
> OK - found the ci.
>
> The formula installs, but I get a warning at the end, which results in a warning, which is than interpreted as an error. The warning (which I also get locally) is the following:
>
> If it is the case that you can change the shebang at the beginning of
>
> he script to enforce Python 3 usage.
>
>   #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> Should be changed into
>
>   #!/usr/bin/env python3
>

> I suspect that this needs to be done in GRASS itself?
>
> Hi, thanks for looking into this. 7.8.2 (and also above) has python3 everywhere in shebang. See e.g.:
>
> $ grep -Irn "/usr/bin/env python[^3]"
> scripts/g.extension/g.extension.py:1059 <http://g.extension.py:1059/>:                    "#!/usr/bin/env python\n",
> scripts/g.extension/g.extension.py:1308 <http://g.extension.py:1308/>:                    "#!/usr/bin/env python\n",
> # (these two are in fact code which is doing the replacement to python3)
>
> Can you please investigate locally where the message coming from?

The message comes from the formula as a Caveat. I *think* it is always displayed. But at the moment, I am not to sure where the error code comes from, as I get an error code at the end of the brew command of 0 locally.

I will look into this.

Do you know, why there is a

	- uses: actions/checkout at v2

In the action?

It seems, that it will be executed last, and there is no checkout needed.

Rainer

> Vaclav

Orcid ID: 0000-0002-7490-0066

Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
University of Zürich
Office Y34-J-74
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8075 Zürich