[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS single layout (GSoC 2021)

L.Kladivova L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sat Apr 17 10:40:40 PDT 2021

Huidae,

I have already created the proposal: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/
wxGUIDevelopment/SingleWindow
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/SingleWindow). It is
based on docking panes. :-) And as I wrote to Denis, we plan to build the
Single-Layout "next to" the Multi-Layout mode. However, I am not sure about
Map Displays yet (not sure about implementation options). I will need to
look more deeply at AUI class options.

The best way for Single-Layout mode would be to make Map Display panes that
would be dockable (possible to pull to the second monitor) and at the same
time, they could enable to be the part of the notebook. However, at this
time, I cannot answer if it is something possible or not. If the GSoC
application would succeed, I think the main task would be to prepare a good
foundation on which we can then build something more complex. :-)

Linda

---------- Původní e-mail ----------