[GRASS-dev] [SoC] GSoC 2021 - Parallelization of raster modules for GRASS GIS
Aaron Saw Min Sern
aaronsms at u.nus.edu
Sun Jun 13 03:42:26 PDT 2021
Week 1 has concluded, and this is my report for this week.
1) What did I get done this week?
* Updated Makefile to include OpenMP dependencies
* Wrote multi-threaded test cases to ensure consistency of the program
* Wrote benchmarking script to measure speedup
* Implemented parallel support
* Drafted the PR of abovementioned changes 
* Investigated Segment library to support random access and write operations
2) What do I plan on doing next week?
The goal is to come out with a design for output-based modules. The next step is to finish the implementation for r.neighbor. Furthermore, I plan to investigate the thread-safety of Raster3D module for pthread implementation of r.mapcalc.
3) Am I blocked on anything?
No, it has been good so far, but I hope to improve on my pace.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the grass-dev