[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS single layout (GSoC 2021)

L.Kladivova L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 12 12:45:32 PST 2021

Hello GRASS devs and OSGeo mentors,

I hope you are all well. :-) I'm writing to the group due to Google Summer
of Code 2021. I would love to participate, this time as a PhD. student of
geodesy and cartography at CTU.

About two months ago, I successfully ended up my master studies, which was
aimed at improving the first-time user experience in GRASS, and of which you
were all a bit part because you participated very often in surveys that
helped me (us) to move the GRASS GUI forward. :-)

The topic of GRASS single layout  which I would like to deal with was heard
several times in surveys, and in terms of importance, it seems that this
topic has the highest priority in terms of GRASS GUI.

However, it is a very extensive topic and will mainly mean a large
refactoring of the GUI code. I have already started with it within the PRs
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/1321, and https://github.com/OSGeo/
grass/pull/1437. I also know that there is probably another applicant, but I
believe that we can work on it together. And I even think that the
cooperation can be a very positive experience since the topic is really very
broad. :-)

For Vero: Regarding the presentation for FOSS4G, I would like to contribute.
:-)

Have you all a nice evening.

Best,

Linda