Voting process - was: Re: [GRASS-PSC] Request: CVS Write Access to Serena Pallecchi

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Dec 11 08:28:49 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:42:10PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > after adoption of the legal document I would like to bring up
> > this issue again.
>
> Hi.
>
> I find it hard to vote +/- on giving access to someone I don't "know" at
> all, but a cursory look at some of Serena's r.li modules shows them to
> be fairly clean;

Weeks ago Serena & colleagues and me made some iterations to
get the code closer to our SUBMITTING rules. I was rejecting
the code several times.

> otherwise the only info I have to go on is Markus's
> word (which is good enough for me). For minor issues I don't mind
> allowing folks to "learn on the job" -- as long as edits to the core
> libraries and build system are few and get well reviewed/announced.

Right. I would love to see a better response time but would
also like to see them working on the code directly (which probably
improves their response time).