[GRASS-PSC] Open issues regarding OSGeo Incubation

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:07:16 EDT 2007

On 3/11/07, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Paul.
>
> note that after I sent my email, Arnulf put the document on wiki
> where it is easier to access and comment
> on, so please put your updates there.
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/RFC1_Development_Page
>
> As for the definition of GRASS project, I think what you have
> proposed is good
> although we may skip "currently headquarted...." so
> that the definition does not have to be changed when e.g. the
> institution changes
> its name and in general so that it does not have the word "currently"
> which makes
> the definition tied to a certain date rather than the project in
> general.
> Markus, what do you think? Should we use Fondazione Bruno Kessler in
> publications and other documents or are you still using ITC-irst?

Helena, all,

"ITC" no longer exists, it is the foundation now. IRST was one of three
institutes of ITC (naturally called "center" to increase confusion :-).
I assume that IRST remains, maybe as FBK-irst or so. To be decided
by the politicians.

In summary: I agree that headquarted isn't really needed in the
general summary.

Markus