[GRASS-PSC] Fwd: [GRASS-web] authorization reproduction

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 23 12:56:11 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Scott Mitchell <smlists at me.com> wrote:
> Please see my comments/questions below this original post to the -web list:

The statement in the letter is:

"I wish integrate screenshots of results obtained with Grass Gis software."

If he refers to *his own* screenshots, then there is obviously no need
to obtain any permission.

If he refers to screenshots from the Web site:

> Does anyone have experience / opinion on this?  My immediate reaction was
> that this should be covered by blanket license, not something that we would
> want to be giving individual permissions for.  Then I realized I had no idea
> of GPL covers this,

... then I would say that we should apply a CC license for the
screenshots (GPL is for software...).
At this point proper citation would be sufficient.

Honestly, I don't fully understand the letter we received.