[GRASS-PSC] How to modify module folder content in SVN

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 06:02:50 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 5:21 AM, Eva Stopková <eva.stopkova at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My first idea was to completely replace PCL version, so I did not modify
> them. But then I realized it would be better to save both versions, so at
> first I would like to make them as much identical as possible
> (funcionality, layout). I intend to do this in the coming days.

I didn't get that before, but I agree with Moritz that two versions are not
ideal. Is there any reason to keep both? Performance? Different quality
algorithms/results? Do you have some tests or benchmarks which would
compare them?

In case of keeping both, I think that only option in case of PCL dependency
is that you svn cp the directory with each module:

svn cp v.nnstat v.nnstat.pcl

One version would be pure GRASS and the other PCL (which wouldn't compile
unless for most of the users unless they do additional steps). There would
be unfortunate duplication, but I don't see a way how to write a Makefile
which would create two modules with different dependencies (e.g.
raster/r.colors compiles two modules but it imposes unnecessary
dependencies for each of them).