[GRASS-PSC] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo-Live metrics going public in next 9.5 release

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 07:21:20 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be
> wrote:

> Looking at the GRASS metrics at OpenHub used for OSGeo-Live (see below), I
> find it a pity that addons [1] is seperated from the main branches [2].
> Many new developers have been active recently, mostly coding addons.
>
> Any reason for this separation ? Would it be possible to merge them ?

I did it this way on purpose. The development cycle, code quality and code
importance are different. Even the pool of developers is little bit
different. Code stats for addons tell you nothing about the core GRASS
moving forward or not. Also if we decide that the addon is a good
contribution to main GRASS, we move it (e.g. i.segment) which will show the
code in the main stats. So, these are my reasons behind separate stats.