[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS Community Sprint Prague 2019 Expenses

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Dec 12 01:10:28 PST 2019

Hi Martin !

On 12/12/19 09:33, Martin Landa wrote:
> Dear PSC,
>
> first of all I would like to thank to the all participants of recently
> organized community sprint in Prague [1]. We spent 5 nice days
> fulfilled by GRASS hacking:-) See related reports [2].
>
> Based on that we collected all expenses [3]. The budget is relatively
> minimalistic since no travel/accommodation grants have been requested.
>
> In this regard I would like to ask GRASS PSC to cover all expenses [3;
> Reimbursements tab] (280.24 EUR in overall). Scanned bills [4].
>
> If no objection we could start voting (in *different thread*).

No objections on my side. Rather a big thank you for having organized this !

Two questions though, one concerning budget, the other concerning content:

- IIUC, most of the budget you are asking for is actually for
promotional material (stickers, magnets) that are only indirectly linked
to the code sprint, or ? I would therefore suggest to separate the two
requests to make that more apparent. Your actual "sprinting" costs are
<60€, or ?

- In the report, you write: "We spent several hours over the course of
the sprint discussing different alternatives and finding a best way to
implement the one we have chosen." I see that everything has been
documented in detail on the relevant wiki page:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/New_Startup#GRASSGISCommunitySprintPrague2019,
but would it be possible summarize the general philosophy on the mailing
list ? I think this is an important part of GRASS GIS and discussion
should be larger.

Moritz