[GRASS-PSC] First draft of call for student grants

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Nov 16 08:53:07 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

There is a general tendency (very strong with the international
organisations and governments) to move toward the competition model, but
I'm not a big fan of it as it generally means many people doing a lot of
work for free.

If we go in that direction, then it should definitely be in the form of
a very low amount of work necessary to compete to then win the prize to
do the actual work. This actually means that we just transform our
application process into a competition process and we call the decision
not awarding a grant, but awarding a prize. Note much difference beyond
that, or ?

Moritz