[GRASS-PSC] PSC Meeting minutes - May 13th, 2022

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue May 17 01:01:38 PDT 2022

Hi !

Le 13 mai 2022 23:21:07 GMT+02:00, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> a écrit :
>Dear all,
>
>Here are the PSC meeting minutes of our meeting today, May 13, 2022:
>https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Minutes/PSC_Meeting_20220513

Thanks for those minutes!

A few remarks:

- No GSoC students: do we have an idea about why so few applications? Any ideas on how to improve that?

- Sponsorship rules : please be aware that AFAIK such rules are country-specific, so what counts as compensation for money received and what that means in terms of the money being subject to VAT will have to be checked on a case-by-case basis.

- In the email announcing that I wasn't able to attend I suggested two points, but they don't seem to have been covered:

   1) Did you discuss any form of communication strategy about the student grant results with a specific eye on motivating donations ?

   2) If we want to claim the money budgeted for GRASS GIS in the OSGeo budget, we need an official decision of the PSC. Did you discuss this?

I would also like to ask if anyone else would like to take over the role of treasurer. It's not a very time-consuming job, but I need to reduce my mental load. An important issue is to consolidate the reorganization of our accounts (currently we have money left in the €-based PayPal money pool linked to my personal PayPal account and a $-based account at Opencollective), knowing that we have interactions in both currencies.

Moritz