[STATSGRASS] Re: GRASS/R interface in ESS

Cesare Furlanello furlan at itc.it
Fri Jan 10 12:10:06 EST 2003

Dear Sato,

assuming you have followed the installation instructions in
http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/grass_r_interface.html ,

if you start R in an existing GRASS session, you should be enabled to run
the first lines of the tutorial on a R command line.

Then,
exit from R, start emacs from the existing GRASS session, start R in ESS,
run the tutorial commands either in the command *R* window or through the
ESS evaluation mechanisms from a file with .R extensions.

ciao

-- cesare

Cesare Furlanello
ITC-IRST Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
38050 Povo (Trento), Italy

tel     + 39 461 314 580 (room 578)
fax     + 39 461 314 591
furlan at itc.it                      http://mpa.itc.it