[GRASS translations] Simplifying translating GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Feb 2 08:16:57 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 08:25:56PM +0100, Emmanuel Saracco wrote:
> Le mardi 01 février 2005 à 14:14 +0100, Markus Neteler a écrit :
>
> > 2. I add a link on the i18n web page to make these
> >   .po files downloadable. Like this newcomers can
> >   just grab such a file, open with kbabel/poedit and
> >   translate, then submit it to me/another developer.
>
> This one sounds good for me :-)

Fine! Done!

http://grass.itc.it/devel/i18n.php#statistics

"Download current .po files from CVS (useful if you want to partecipate
 without compiling GRASS). Please announce your efforts on the 'GRASS
 translations' mailing list (see above) to avoid that work is
 doubled. To start a new language, you can simply rewrite an existing
 file. Take care to rename it properly and to update the language
 specific metadata.
"

Hope this explains it well enough (otherwise please suggest).

Markus